NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE AT KCMC
National health insurance at Kilimajaro Christian Medical Centre is operating independently in three areas;
- General Clinics
KCMC general Clinics
This unit operates under the directorate of finance revenue section. The unit has two sections;
- Regulation sections
- Billing section
Registration section activities:
- Verification of membership cards.
- Feeling 2A and 2B forms.
- Receiving 2A and 2B forms after treatment.
- Registration of admitted patients.
- Receiving discharged files from the wards.
- Stamping investigation and prescription forms before service .
- Keeping membership cards after regulation and issuing them after treatment or discharge.
Billing section: By CMLS (Claims Management Information System)
- Deals with discharged files from the wards
- Computing 2A and 2B forms in the system .
- Counterchecking the 2A and 2B forms before they are computed
- Compilation of 2A and 2B forms ready for dispatch to NHIF regional office
- Honorama preparation
- Computing of costs for admitted and discharged patient
- Follow-up of admitted and reporting them to regional health insurance when they are ten days in more the wards.
- Follow-up of membership cards left behind after treatment.
- Issuing of approval letter to patients prescribed to do CT scan, ant-cancer drugs, Immunosuppressant and orthopedic applianced.