Introduction and Background InformationThe otorhinolaryngology is also known as ENT. It has a bed capacity of 24. It is a tertiary healthcare facility located close to the eye department. Among others department it has been an important integral part of the Kilimanjaro Christian Medical center since its inception in 1972. It was started by ENT surgeon Dr. Simo Suukari from Finland. The department is composed of five unites, namely clinic, ward, theater, audiology and speech therapy unit. Clinic are conducted daily on Monday to Friday. Theater sessions are conducted from Monday to Friday.
Our Philosophy is: To provide quality care for patients as professionals to advocate responsibility, participation in outreach services and teaching.
- To maintain good interpersonal relationship between staffs, students, and patients.
- To provide quality care for patients
- To ensure proper documentation of all activities done.
- To emphasize on continuing medical education.
- Renovation of department infrastructure.
- To develop sub specialty among the general ENT specialist in otology, rhinology, head and neck surgeries.
- Renovation of the ENT theatres, clinic toilet and ward.
- To contiue working efficiently in order to raise the revenue collection for the hospital and for the department as well.
- To continue strengthening solicited collaborations with various international donors and individuals in providing quality care for the patients and capacity building.